Job Vacancy !
Guitar Mania is currently looking for a
FULL TIME APPRENTICE
Term: 2 years contract (may become permanent)
Location: Guitar Mania, 116-118 Ashley Rd, Parkstone, Poole BH14 9BN
Wages: From £156+ per week depending on age
Hours: 37.5 hours per week 9:30am to 5:30pm PLUS either on or off site training / day release TBA.
Duties will include:
- Learning ALL aspects of running a successful guitar shop !
- Meeting and greeting customers to provide a welcoming environment.
- Selling and DEMONSTRATING guitars, amps and accessories
- Updating our website, Amazon and eBay sites
- Keeping the sales area and displays in a clean and presentable state.
- Unloading and unpacking of deliveries and disposal of cardboard
- Answering the phone
- Processing online and telephone orders in accordance with data protection protocols
- Learn to re-string and service guitars
- Learn all about guitar maintenance
- Theft prevention
- Cleaning and polishing stock
- Updating Facebook and other social media
- General shop up-keep and cleaning duties
- Possible shop maintenance and light DIY duties
- Making tea and coffee for visitors and staff
- Post office runs and other general shop duties as requested by your supervisor
The successful applicant will likely have the following criteria...
1) You are a guitarist - yeah, really !!! Sorry, we're not currently looking for anyone who has "always wanted to..." You need to be able to play guitar to work at Guitar Mania, you do NOT have to be fantastic at it, we're ALL still learning, but knowing more than 3 chords is a must.
2) You will ideally be aged between 16-19 years old but we are legally obliged to consider older applicants blah blah blah equal rights etc
3) You have to be communicative and literate. You do NOT need to have 5 or 6 GCSE's at Grade C or above but you do need to be a good communicator and can talk with confidence. It would be a great advantage if you had neat hand writing too (For example for customer receipts, in-store Sale signs etc)
4) You have to be very PASSIONATE about guitars. If you already have a guitar collection and some product knowledge, then, that's good...
5) You have to be SMART, alert and presentable. You will be working in front of customers.
In the past MOST successful applicants have been...
1) Non smokers
2) Able to demonstrate their playing skills on a RIGHT HANDED guitar (95% of our stock and customers are right handed) but if you are a lefty then we are legally obliged to give you equal consideration blah blah blah...
3) A guitarist (in case you didn't get the message earlier)
However, in line with equal opportunities, we do welcome all applications.
This position is being managed by Paragon, a National Training provider.
Please click below to apply:
Application deadline - 28th February 2017
Job Start Date - ASAP !!!
I'll mention this because someone always ask, but NO we don't have ANY OTHER VACANCIES at the moment and we're unable to keep you on file.
Please follow us on Facebook REGULARLY (which means you have to 'Like' stuff we post regularly otherwise Facebook won't 'show' our page to you) as that is where we advertise vacancies first.
Thanks for reading.
WE ARE NO LONGER LOOKING FOR A PART TIME SALES ASSISTANT - this position has been created instead of a part time position.